Watch Out For This Freelancer Scam
Here’s a quick article today about an experience I just had with someone by the name of “Natale Dragonette”. I’m posting this because he is part of a massive scam ring that is preying on web designers. They’re called the Third Party Payout Scam, the Payment Reversal Scam, the Advanced Fee Scam or the Overpayment Scam. You can read about it in detail in this article here.
So here’s how it went down.
So, I called “Natale” and he said he was from Columbus, Ohio. A quick google search showed links to fraudulent credit card forums and lots of sketchy stuff. Some of the information provided was the following:
1. I want the same number of pages with the example site i gave you to check excluding videos and blogs.
2. I want only English language
3. I don’t have a domain yet but i want the domain name as fiddysolutionmarketing.com
4. you will be updating the site for me.
5. i will be providing the images, logos and content for the site.
6. i want the site up and running before ending of next month.
7. My budget is $5000 to $10000
Kindly get back to me with:
(1) an estimate
(2) And will like to know if you are the owner ??
Natale gave me the following information:
Name: Natale Dragonette
Phone Number: (330) 910–7725
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Columbus, Ohio